cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does the stm32u5 work with lcd

Badam.17
Associate II

There's a dev board with a lcd, but the U5 doesn't seem to have support for the same LTDC that that chips like stm32L4 or stm32F7 does.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-eval-boards/stm32u575i-ev.html#overview

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Badam.17 (Community Member)​ ,

There is no LTDC in STM32U5, it's connected via FMC.

Please have a look at the schematic available here in the ST web site.

0693W00000GWxf1QAD.jpg 

Check also the LCD connection in the UM2854 Evaluation Board with STM32U575AI MCU.

0693W00000GWysBQAT.png 

By the way STM32L4 has no LTDC too, only STM32L4+ has LTDC (STM32F4/F7/H7 with LTDC also).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Badam.17 (Community Member)​ ,

There is no LTDC in STM32U5, it's connected via FMC.

Please have a look at the schematic available here in the ST web site.

0693W00000GWxf1QAD.jpg 

Check also the LCD connection in the UM2854 Evaluation Board with STM32U575AI MCU.

0693W00000GWysBQAT.png 

By the way STM32L4 has no LTDC too, only STM32L4+ has LTDC (STM32F4/F7/H7 with LTDC also).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MGuth.1
Associate III

Hi

I'm new to the STM32Cube Ecosystem (used mbed OS with STM32 MCUs up to now). I'm also interested in using a TFT-LCD screen (240x320px) via FMC (and ideally DMA). Is there an example (or will there be an example) for using a LCD with the U5 sometime soon? I already tried to do my own project/code but I don't get it running.

As I'm new to STM32Cube: Is there some detailed documentation for the HAL/LL Drivers (only found UM2911 but it doesn't show which arguments are needed for which function of the HAL/LL drivers). A documentation for BSP (lcd) drivers would also be highly appreceated 🙂

Bes regards