cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate what was created in TOUCH GFX DESIGNER into the IDE?

Emanuele78
Associate II

I developed firmware with CUBE IDE and then set up the 2.4" TFT LCD screen with buttons, etc., using TOUCH GFX DESIGNER. How do I import what I developed in TOUCH GFX into CUBE IDE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Emanuele78 ,

Once you have created you desired GUI, simply click on "Generate code" on the bottom right corner:

GaetanGodart_0-1729855272473.png

Then you can simply open the folder of your project on the bottom left:

GaetanGodart_1-1729855321130.png

Finally, open your STM32CubeIDE project in the STM32CubeIDE project.

Also, you can look at this video : How to TouchGFX: Creating my first GUI with TouchGFX Designer for STM32 GUI applications 

Hope this help! :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
If this answers your question, I invite you to select this comment as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Emanuele78 ,

Once you have created you desired GUI, simply click on "Generate code" on the bottom right corner:

GaetanGodart_0-1729855272473.png

Then you can simply open the folder of your project on the bottom left:

GaetanGodart_1-1729855321130.png

Finally, open your STM32CubeIDE project in the STM32CubeIDE project.

Also, you can look at this video : How to TouchGFX: Creating my first GUI with TouchGFX Designer for STM32 GUI applications 

Hope this help! :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
If this answers your question, I invite you to select this comment as "best answer".

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)
Emanuele78
Associate II

Thank you, I managed to import the file created in TouchGFX into the IDE. Now, for the next step, how do I integrate it into the IDE firmware I've already written? How should I proceed? Which folders do I need to copy from the TouchGFX file to the IDE? 

In the attached screenshot, you can see the two projects open. Thanks again.

To many files. folders and adding paths to deal with. You're better off copying your files from the other project into the TouchGFX project.

If smoke escapes your device, put the smoke back in. It'll still work as a conversation piece. If you find my answers useful, click the Accept as Solution button so that way others can see the solution.