cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i Change the resolution for the project based on STM32F429I Discovery board??

HMhas.1
Associate II

I have STM32F429I Discovery board and am using TouchGFX 4.17.0. I tried creating a blank project on it as we are going to use the same ic on the final hardware. However the display used will be 3.5 " 320 * 480. I cannot change the resolution of the screens, Can someone help me.

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

" we are going to use the same ic on the final hardware "

isnt same as Discovery board, then you have two ways create CubeMX/IDE project , here you can set any size for LCD

or use TouchGFX project and reconfigure it manualy (edit some files)

HMhas.1
Associate II

Can you give me a start on it?. Can't I use a blank template for stm32f429I Disc board anf then do the modifications for the new display in the files generated. Our hardware will be based on this development more or less same(99%). Its just that we are using a bigger lcd of 3.5" (240*320). Does st expect us to start the project from scratch via cubeIde, target selection, sd ram and everything.

MM..1
Chief II

For basic start use your blank template and import project ioc ... then reconfigure LTDC and regenerate , when you open touchgfx template file new resolition is here, or this file is simple text file ...