cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display my images stored in an external flash ?

MLair.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I want to make a graphics application on my Mikromedia 7 Capacitive board with the STM32f746ZG MCU (320kbytes SRAM and 1MB Flash Memory) and an external SPI Flash SST26VF064B. Besides, I use partial framebuffer strategy.

I managed to store my images in the Flash with a loader and now I'd like to display them on my screen. I've got interested in the external data loader like this :

0693W00000Dm06qQAB.pngI followed this page : https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/scenarios/using-serial-flash#images

It generates TouchGFXGeneratedDataReader and TouchGFXDataReader files. I Implemented the functions, but the program just goes through AdressIsAddressable() and nevers gets into CopyData or startFlashLineRead functions.

Obviously, it displays nothing.

Is this the good way or do you have any other idea which could display theses images ?

3 REPLIES 3

Unless I'm mistaken the MikroE board doesn't use the QSPI interface, and doesn't memory-map the content of the SST flash chip.

What address are you passing into the routines, and what address is it testing against? How's that test reporting?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes it is, for example, I made a simple application with just image_d13 on my screen, here is how it is stored :0693W00000Dm0HaQAJ.pngAnd then, this is how the program recognizes my image in the memory at address 0x8006900.

0693W00000Dm0NXQAZ.png

AddressIsAddressable

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/api/classes/classtouchgfx_1_1_flash_data_reader

Your implementation seems consistent with expectations. I suspect you'll need to step into the code, or walk a disassembly listing (objcopy, fromelf, etc) to understand why it subsequently doesn't call your reader functions. I might suggest instrumenting that code so the decisions and calls can be monitored via a serial terminal real-time to confirm flow/dynamic behaviour.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..