cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware JPEG mixing encode and decode

frackers
Senior

So who was the bright spark who decided that both encode and decode should use the same callback function names? Duh! Means I can't even make them static to isolate them! Doesn't the JPEG hardware know whether its doing an encode or a decode?

Also, the JPEG utilities have compile time (rather than run time) selection of the image format. So much for encoding RGB565 from a camera and decoding ARGB8888 for animations.

Not happy having to play with (yet more) DMA2D format conversions to address the inadequacy of the interface

1 REPLY 1

I don't think the architects/coders here are particularly sophisticated. Let alone familiar with complex requirements of streaming audio/video pipelines, or the system level scope.

Can't you readily overload the context structure/handle passed to the callbacks? You can hide a lot of your per-instance information in there. If you really don't like the library code, refactor it.

If I were you I'd find some of the engineers responsible for the software and IP integration to discuss this with. You're kind of outside the envelope for front line support engineers/developers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..