cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Fault

Juan Delgado
Associate III

Hello,

I am developing an app using tortoise git, I have made a lot of commit and cleanup in rep and my application was ok.

Ten commits ago I never made a clean up, so, when I cleaned up the repository my app crash in one line of code I made before.

I am working with keil, I had clicked "generate code" in designer and then open keil and compile, but it crash in certain cases.

The app is working 70% before I cleaned up git it was 100%.

I really need urgent help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Juan Delgado
Associate III

I think it is the JTAG ST-Link / V2 with an update it seems doesn't flash well using ST-Link Utility

I am flashing with another JTAG (same model V2) and it runs perfectly

:face_screaming_in_fear:

Thanks for your attention

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Juan Delgado
Associate III

My app has 4 single views and 1 special view that has 2 containers and each container has 5 container

App:

• singleView1
  • singleView2
  • singleView3
  • singleView4
  • specialView
    • Container1
    • Container2

So Container 1 and 2 are the same container it has 5 containers

• Container
    • singleContainer1
    • singleContainer2
    • singleContainer3
    • singleContainer4
    • singleContainer5

in specialViewview.cpp I call functions inside Container.cpp to setVisible(true) whatever singleContainerXX that I want.

So, if I call only Container1.function_visible(); in specialViewview.cpp my screen change, also

if I call only Container2.function_visible(); in specialViewview.cpp my screen change too

but

if I call both Container1.function_visible(); and Container2.function_visible(); my system crash.

Note: My app was working very well, now crash. And it is the same code gui/views and gui/containers code

Juan Delgado
Associate III

@HMehr.14​ answer helped me

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AmiPFM/using-any-type-of-text-causes-hardfault?t=1587221987184

I had only "Wildcard Ranges" ( I have time working this way without problem), but now for unknow reason the system crash, and I resolved setting "Wildcard Characters"

Working with TouchGFX 4.13.0

Thanks and regards

Juan Delgado
Associate III

Problems again,

I did another commint, download the repo and I try to flash.

My system crash, I open touchgfx see "Wildcard Ranges" and "Wildcard Characters" is ok.

The code is the same I add a lot of feature (these working well) but after the commit my system crash againg.

It is the same touchgfx project file.

I think you'll have to share your project. It's too unclear what's going on.

/Martin

It your application crashing on target or on simulator?

/Martin

Juan Delgado
Associate III

It is crashing on target, I never have run on simulator

Sometimes that's a really good way to debug and see if it's a GUI related thing or something target specific. Are you able to run the simulator?

/Martin

Juan Delgado
Associate III

I have a custom board that the simulator has never worked. Code has always been generated in the designer and then compiled in keil and finally flashed with STM32 ST-link Utility.

The template for this custom board has been done since 2018 and when I am going to develop a new application, delete the gui and generated folders and click on generate code to start a new app.

I had migrated from 4.9 to 4.10 to 4.13 from 2018 to 2020. I was really happy with 4.13 because worked very good until now.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

4.13.0 is great =) Let's figure out what's wrong with your application.