cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the STM32L476 Discovery board, if I remove the LCD, can I use the now free pins on the two connectors for alternate purposes, or do I need any other electrical configuration?

CarlsbadJerry
Associate II

Basically, I'm hoping to try out a different Microphone on SAI_2 and it looks like those pins would be freed up by removing the LCD display.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The schematic would be the controlling document as to whether pins are cross connected, or to other parts/circuits on the board.

But generally yes, removing the LCD will significantly reduces the conflicts, and then you'd need to remove any code in the BSP/MSP files within a project or which would otherwise try to initialize/use the pins for the LCD use case in the examples.

The pins can then be used for GPIO, or other Alternate Functions as described in the Data Sheet.

The L4 provided for pin-level muxing of functionality, so the option should be fairly broad.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The schematic would be the controlling document as to whether pins are cross connected, or to other parts/circuits on the board.

But generally yes, removing the LCD will significantly reduces the conflicts, and then you'd need to remove any code in the BSP/MSP files within a project or which would otherwise try to initialize/use the pins for the LCD use case in the examples.

The pins can then be used for GPIO, or other Alternate Functions as described in the Data Sheet.

The L4 provided for pin-level muxing of functionality, so the option should be fairly broad.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CarlsbadJerry
Associate II

Thanks! I appreciate your quick answer. I'll look at the schematic once more, but I believe it should work.

Cheers, Jerry