cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMC LCD on F746 writes about half the speed of FSMC LCD on F412

SWood.4
Associate III

I posted before with a question about getting the LCD to work on F746. I have that working but now I notice the writes and screen updates are about half the speed on the F746. I have SYSCLK = HCLK= AHB CLK = 96 MHz on both MCU's. The address setup time, data setup time, bus turn around time clock division is the same on both. The F746 writes about 2MHz, the F412 writes about 4MHz. The time it takes to fill the screen with a color with the F746 is 135ms, the F412 does the same refresh in 75ms. I'm using the same code, other than the memory swap for the F746. Changing the The address setup time, data setup time, bus turn around time clock division only seems to change the duration the signals are high/Low, but the speed remains unchanged. Any suggestions for getting the F746 to update the LCD faster? I can try doubling the clock speed, but it seems like the two MCU's would write data to the LCD at the same speed when running the same CLK speeds?

Thanks

I've done more testing and reading the RM. What I'm reading and calculating it seems like I should be sending data around 8 MHz instead of 2MHz. In the screen shot below I put markers on the duration that I can't seem to shrink. This duration stays about 46 -50 clock cycles. How do I decrease this duration? It looks like the clock divide ratio would be the correct setting, from the RM the clock divide ratio is "Number of AHB clock cycles (HCLK) to build one memory clock cycle (CLK)" Changing the Clock divide ratio has no effect that I can find on the LCD speed or any durations.

Thanks

0693W00000StsbSQAR.png

0 REPLIES 0