cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA2D transfer error causes touchgfx to fail to work properly. How to solve the problem of UI screen stuck?

L丶zs
Associate II

During the normal operation of the program, after touching the pin on the external sdram by hand, the UI screen is stuck. The simulation shows that the DMA2D Transfer error flag is set, touchgfx cannot work normally, and the chip works normally after resetting; It is speculated that the address line on the sdram was temporarily short-circuited by static electricity, and DMA2D could not access the target address. Is there any way to solve this problem to ensure that touchgfx can continue to work normally instead of resetting?

2 REPLIES 2
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello L丶zs ,

Actually I'm not sure it's a good idea to touch the pins by hand while the program is running 😅

My opinion is that resetting TouchGFX is the normal thing to do, and if short-circuit happens on SDRAM address line you shouldn't be able to continue the run of your program.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
L丶zs
Associate II

In fact, this happens not only when I touch the pin with my hand, but also when I touch the metal frame to generate static electricity, so I want to take some measures to remedy it.

Is there any way to reset TouchGFX in the program? Does it mean that it will run again from the startup screen, but I don't want it to. I think this short-circuit is only temporary, so I originally wanted to reset the DMA2D to keep the UI running from the last stuck position, but it didn't work.