cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Keyboard Problem

jimmii
Senior II

Hey there,

I have a strange problem with my custom keyboard.

In the simulator everything looks and works fine. See image:0693W000000WBUpQAO.bmp

But when I download it to my target, following screen is presented:

0693W000000WBUzQAO.jpg

The touch events and the active rectangle are correct and the correct values are shown in the text area. See following image:0693W000000WBSpQAO.jpg

When touching e.g number 2, the overlapping numbers disappear. See:

0693W000000WBVxQAO.jpg

There seems to be a problem with displaying the numbers, the overall functionality seems to work.

Any ideas what's happening here?

Thanks a lot.

/jimmii

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks Martin.

That would be great.

Cheers,

/jimmii

Hey @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I did some tests with different compiler optimization levels.

When changing the levels, I get different "error patterns".

E.g changing to -O2 with Link-time Optimization, the digits are at the correct position, but the button touch areas are all over the place.

In short, compiler settings have impact on how the screen is presented.

Ever experienced something similar?

Maybe this hint could help to reproduce the error.

To make sure what I'm using:

Keil uVision with ARM Compiler V6.13.1 and the touchgfx_core_clang.lib which you provided.

Regards,

/jimmii

jimmii
Senior II

Hey @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

Any news / luck on this?

Thanks a lot!

/jimmii

Hi Jimmii,

Not yet. Scrambling to find a few minnutes to take a deeper look at it : ) I have the project on disk, though!

Just a quick update - i tried the project (simulator in designer) but it's giving me a lot of include-path issues. Seems you're including headerfiles from the root of the application instead of relative to the TouchGFX application. You're not having issues with this? e.g.

#include <TouchGFX\gui\include\gui\containers\KeyboardNumeric.hpp>

instead of the following (because "gui\include\" relative to the root of the application is on the include path for the gcc simulator makefile)

#include <gui\containers\KeyboardNumeric.hpp>

/Martin

hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

no, never had an issue.

/jimmii

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Did you find some time to have a look at it?

Thanks.

/jimmii

After having trouble with your simulator project i haven't looked at it further. Regardless, i'm sure i won't seen an issue there like you don't. And i don't have your custom board. Maybe it's something to do with initialization. - The configuration is something in the global namespace, or static, i think? Try playing around with not using this kind of configuration but do something else just to test that you can place your texts correctly.

/Martin

Thanks @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Ok. I'll play around. What do you mean by "configuration"?

The "Keyboard layout"-configuration