cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring stm32f429I discovery board with touchgfx package

Anassoumi
Associate III

I've conducted tests on the display driver code for initializing the screen on the Discovery board and successfully displayed images by assigning their data to the specified framebuffer. Now, I aim to integrate the display transfer into TouchGFX without relying on the code generated by the TouchGFX Designer, i have already installed the touchgfx package , configured the ltdc and the rgb ,spi pins ., any guidance regarding this ? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Anassoumi,

If you dont want the generated code and want to understand how the engine works, I'll recommend you to check the documentation here: 

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/touchgfx-al-development-introduction
Also, you can generate the code in Designer and inspire yourself from it in order to write your custom code.

I hope this answer your question.

Best regards, 
Louis 

Louis BOUDO
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LouisB
ST Employee

Hello @Anassoumi,
Could you tell me what is the purpose of not using the generated code so I can help you?
Thank you.

Louis BOUDO

Hi Louis , I have managed to display graphics without using the touchgfx , the main reason why i avoid generated code is because i work with custom boards so i had to understand how the touchgfx engine works in order to integrate it successfully .

Hello Anassoumi,

If you dont want the generated code and want to understand how the engine works, I'll recommend you to check the documentation here: 

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/touchgfx-al-development-introduction
Also, you can generate the code in Designer and inspire yourself from it in order to write your custom code.

I hope this answer your question.

Best regards, 
Louis 

Louis BOUDO