cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color artifacts on display (SPI+18-bit RGB) using ST7701s driver

HP
Senior III

Hi!

I'm getting 2 round displays up and running using tGFX on an STM32F767 (custom board, external SDRAM and QSPI)

I think almost everything is running but I have some weird artifacts. the clearest I can show is the color wheel test.

While the image is 24-bit and the display is 18-bit I wonder why I see the clear lines across the display (Please disregard the red stripe horisontally - that's a smudge on the protective film)

To me it would seem like something like a rounding of the color information but that would make much more sense if I was coming from less than 18-bit.

Anyone who can offer some insights here or point me in a direction? I tried with a real image and certain colors just get REALLY wonky..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP
Senior III

Aaand it's solved 🙂

This was due to the pixel polarity - it was inverted.

Fun fact - when debugging this you can break the processor and play around with the bit settings in the SFR tab. it was working wonders for me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP
Senior III

so - on the testimage (the one with all the 'test' on it) the two lines beneath the white bar was supposed to be a grayscale bar, one in each direction.

HP
Senior III

Here's another example - it's really not good :\

HP
Senior III

Aaand it's solved 🙂

This was due to the pixel polarity - it was inverted.

Fun fact - when debugging this you can break the processor and play around with the bit settings in the SFR tab. it was working wonders for me!

KAgga.1
Associate III

Hello @HP ,
I'm also facing an issue while interfacing ST7701s RGB+SPI(9-Bit) based display. Well, I'm able to properly interface RGB only display.
Could you help by sharing the configuration or demo project for it.

Regards,
Keshav Aggarwal

Hi kagga.1, can you share your initalization? I can't start my display in no way... thanks.

PFA

Thanks for your reply and code. In the code is not present the SPI mode initialization, can you clarify if is 9 bit or 16 bits? I adopted the gpiospi type, but no fortune for me. My interface not start in every mode possible. My display is 800x480 in horizontal position. Thanks for your help.

It's 9 bit.

KAgga1_0-1692184696471.png

thanks