cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to a different display

arun_cheriyan
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I'm using the STM32F429 discovery board which comes with an LCD display. I tried out some example keil projects and also made some projects on TouchGFX software with hardware integration. All was working fine. I also have a different display(ST7282 display controller-does not require any initialization) of 480*272 resolution with me and wanted to interface that to the discovery board. But TouchGFX wont let me select a different resolution after selecting STM32F429. How do I add this new display? What all files I have to modify in the generated C project? I read the article on Changing to a different display. But it didn't help.

Can someone help me?

19 REPLIES 19

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Not runtime change. For example in my case TouchGFX designer didn't let me choose any resolution other than 240x320 if I choose the STM32F429I discovery board(width and height drop down boxes are grayed out). I had to modify .touchgfx file to get a 480x272 canvas.

Okay, i see. That's because the application template is specifically for the 240x320 (including hardware configuration of the LCD).

What you could do is create a new application template that's based on the F429 and enable 420x272 by default.

How do I make a template in the designer?

Hi Arun,

I'm curious about how you managed to work with the GT911 driver IC.

can you explain in details please ? did you use an existing driver or coded your own ? would you mind to share it ?

thanks Thomas.

Can you explain what was the problem initially and how did you solve it? Which parameters did you change to get it working? Thanks.

Could you explain me what you have changed to solve the lcd and touch problems ?

I would like to make the same operation.

Tell me the model of the display used.

@Martin KJELDSEN​ , How are you Martin? Can I have GT911 drivers?​

Hi. It's not something i really have lying around. Sorry 🙂