cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cacheable Container does not work when Display Orientation is Landscape and WIDTH < HEIGHT

JIta.1
Associate

I have attached a very simple Application to show the problem with the Cacheable Container.

I have a Display with a Resolution of 480x320. The Display is naturally in Portrait mode, but we use it Landscape, so I have set in the Display configuration the Width to 320 and the Height to 480.

In this configuration if the cache functionality of the CacheableContainer is enabled the whole container is just black. If I disable the cache functionality the Container shows what it should.

When I now invert the Display configuration to width=480 and height=320, the Cacheable Container works.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks for helping

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's in 4.16.0 - We missed the changelog update, though.

/Martin

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Let me look into this,

/Martin

Is there an update on this issue?

Hi, yes, it was confirmed that there is an issue with Cacheable container when rotation is used. I must be honest and say i completely forgot about this because i confused it with another W < H issue with a widget that used the texturemapper

I'll return to this thread with a temprary fix while i get the change into one of the coming releases. Probably not 4.15.0 because its getting close.

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I just started today using a cacheable bitmap and I have my screen rotated. I am seeing some pretty strange things happening. Could you please give us an update on this topic?

​I sure can. There's a bug (it's fixed now but not published) but i've tested it - When you rotate the screen the transformed coordinates where the cacheable container reads pixels from are incorrect.

I may be able to send you a patch if you're interested in trying it out.

Please, that would be great to have.

@Martin KJELDSEN​

Here is what my dynamic bitmap currently looks like when added on top of the active screen. This is of course after updating the cache on the cacheable container, setting the bitmap of a touchgfx::Image, and invalidating said touchgfx::Image.

0693W000005BD01QAG.jpg

I forgot about sending you the patch, but i'll get it out to you tomorrow, if that's okay.

I'm eagerly awaiting the patch.

Regards,

James