cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: In container section

PPate.9
Associate II

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biG6LQAU.pngWhen containers are copied within the software the touchgfx 4.21.3 crashes.

Log Outputs:

2023-04-17 15:50:37,616 [1] ERROR TouchGFXDesigner.App: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at TouchGFXDomainModel.Widgets.CustomContainerWidget.CustomContainerDefinition.get_Siblings()

at History.Commands.MoveWidgetsInTreeCommand.CanMoveBackwardInList(IEnumerable`1 components)

at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CanExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource)

at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.UpdateCanExecute()

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Listener& listener, Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.RaiseRequerySuggested(Object obj)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks,

I'm finally able to reproduce it. That's definitely a bug, I'll report it to my colleagues.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

I'm not able to reproduce your issue, does it simply happen when you copy paste a custom container ?

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
PPate.9
Associate II

Hello @Yoann KLEIN​ 

Yes. To reproduce the issue copy a custom container and paste the custom container into the container section to make a copy. Once you make any changes in the copied container the software crashes with this error.

It is not project specific. I am able to reproduce this issue in a new project also.

PPate.9
Associate II

There is another bug in version 4.21.3. Sorry for not creating another thread.

Bug: Flex Button

When you add a Flex Button to the project and try adding an image in the visual elements, it doesn't register the selected image. I hope the screenshot helps to understand the issue.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biiOXQAY.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biiONQAY.png

I also had the joy with this FlexButton image bug! Fortunately I had the "correct" FlexButton on another screen and could copy it. This must be a "new" bug, as it worked in older versions.

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.

Thanks,

I'm finally able to reproduce it. That's definitely a bug, I'll report it to my colleagues.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello,

We are already aware of those issues with the FlexButton. It's indeed something new, and we'll try to fix for TouchGFX v4.21.4.

Thanks for reporting though 🙂

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN