cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug generating code for container with dynamicgraph and line content

MickeyJ
Associate

Using 4.24.0 Designer, I have a container which has a dynamic graph in it. The Dynamic Graph has Line content.

When I generate the files I sometimes get errors due to the Line content not being created correctly;

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C2208 'touchgfx::GraphElementLine': no members defined using this type (compiling source file ..\..\generated\gui_generated\src\containers\GenericGraphBase.cpp) Application touchgfx\generated\gui_generated\include\gui_generated\containers\genericgraphbase.hpp 46

The offending line is;

dynamicGraph.addGraphElement();

Also in the header file the element is not declared correctly;

touchgfx::GraphLabelsY dynamicGraphMajorYAxisLabel;
touchgfx::GraphElementLine ;
touchgfx::PainterRGB565 Painter;
EditBoxParameter Parameter_EB;

If I remove the line content in the designer, then add it again and regenerate - it is generated correctly. Then sometime later it will go bad again. If I compare the touchgfx xml file between a good generation and a bad generation, they are the same. The line content xml is;

"GraphDrawers": [
{
"Type": "LineDrawer",
"LineWidth": 2,
"FileNameImage": "",
"Color": {
"Red": 20,
"Green": 151,
"Blue": 197
}
}
],

When the build server tries to re-generate the files using  tgfx.exe generate it always seems to be bad.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @MickeyJ ,

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. I will try to replicate the bug you mentioned, and investigate it.

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello again @MickeyJ,

Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the issue. Could you please share your project or a sample to demonstrate it? 
Have you tried deleting build, config, generated, and touchgfx folders before re-generating?

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi, I will try deleting those directories. Build, config and generated are all inside the touchgfx folder so I assume deleting touchgfx is sufficient? If that is so does touchgfx need to be present on source control?

If that does not work I will cut down the project to supply it to demonstrate.

Delete these folders:

ferro_0-1720014464318.png

>" does touchgfx need to be present on source control?"

No it does not need to. When you run GfxDesigner build, 'touchgfx' folder is copied from c:\TouchGFX\ automaticaly.