cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background corrupted during transition

CPink.1
Associate

I am having an issue with transitions between screens. I’m using a cover transition but as soon as the transition starts the background turns to noise however the new screen covers it gradually as expected.

0693W00000BdbZtQAJ.jpg 

The program is running from QSPI flash on a stm32h750 dev board with a LCD connected to the FMC. The double frame buffers resides in the internal AXI sram.

I have tried adding an animation buffer also in the AXI sram, but it had no effect.

Has anyone had corrupted background like this or can recommend something I should check?

5 REPLIES 5
CPink.1
Associate

I had some success!

If I set the entire AXI sram to 0s on boot, instead of noise in the background it is all black. It's like the second buffer isn't getting used except when transitioning. Maybe it’s a bug with TouchGFX? i'm using 4.17.

After changing from double buffer to single the problem goes away and everything looks as it should.

Anyone else had problems with double buffering?

jee
Associate II

Hi,

As well as you, but I'm using external RAM. When I use the Double Frame Buffer, the issue will happen.

Hi,

Are you also working on a ST development kit ? Could you maybe share your project or your setup to see if I can replicate it ?

/Romain

Good morning,

I send you here my project, I interface an incremental rotary encoder with a tft screen and I use touchgfx for the user interface (a menu).

if I change button with the encoder the screen does this (in the video) I don't know what this phenomenon is called, can someone tell me more?

ps: I thought it was because of the noise of the encoder so I removed it and I changed the button softwarly and it gave the same result.

thank you

Hi,

Could you create a new post instead ? This will increase the visibility of your issue and more people would be able to answer/share ideas or inputs.

Could you also share more information on your setup, what you did, share some code or explain your process, etc ...

/Romain