cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animated image - update interval issue with RTX5 RTOS

aroni525
Associate II

Hi,

I am building a "cross-IDE" project with a bunch of different tools. That is why I have either FreeRTOS as well as Keil RTX5 RTOS in my project. I can switch between both kernels at any time.

The problem I have regards animated image and it is interval time. When I run a program with Freertos everyuthing is ok, but when I use RTX5 RTOS CMSIS_v2 it seems like the animated images are always switched at every RTOS clock tick, no matter what I set for this animated image (setUpdateTicksInterval(n); ).

Do you have any suggestions where to look for an answer? I can't see how does this widget works under the hood, because it is in the library. If it refers to the RTOS maybe I made a mistake when modyfing RTOS_wrappers file... But on the other hand everything else works fine, at least I didn't find more bugs. This is annoying because my animation is way to fast and I need to use RTX5 at the end...:(

Arek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Animations in touchgfx are driven solely by the tick of the application (In your TouchGFX tick driver you'll signal OSWrappers::signalVSync which the TouchGFX Engine waits for). This kind of tells me that you're driving the application based on the "RTOS clock tick" and its so fast that you don't recognize a change in intervals.

Did you do some debugging? You can do some measurements to check how fast the animation is getting ticked. The source is open to you:

void AnimatedImage::handleTickEvent()
{

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Animations in touchgfx are driven solely by the tick of the application (In your TouchGFX tick driver you'll signal OSWrappers::signalVSync which the TouchGFX Engine waits for). This kind of tells me that you're driving the application based on the "RTOS clock tick" and its so fast that you don't recognize a change in intervals.

Did you do some debugging? You can do some measurements to check how fast the animation is getting ticked. The source is open to you:

void AnimatedImage::handleTickEvent()
{

aroni525
Associate II

Damn it, I was so convinient that I have the same timing settings for both RTOS'es, that I dind't even check that. FreeRTOS was 100x slower...

It seems that my question was actually quite trivial and obvious, but thank you for your hints :D