cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU question NUCLEOG071RB

APara.5
Associate II

For downloading the binary after updating the SBSFU, how does one go about it since the security protections have been updated (8.6 in UM2262). I can't get the Secure Boot to load in Tera Term again even though I press both reset and user. When I try to download the file in STM32CubeIDE it gives me an error. I was able to do it the first time, but it says once you run it you have to erase in a specific way which I did, but now I am not able to download a new file.

2 REPLIES 2
Roshan
Associate III

Because now the system is RDP1 is activated, once this is activated you cannot download the new file directly. for this, you have to erase (For this you can use Reset Target.bat file ).

but if you trying to update the new firmware. then you have to press and hold the user button first and reset the button. if you are not getting into the updating correct menu. then check the button configuration which you have changed. check the relevant port CLK is selected or not.

@Roshan​ is correct. Another alternative is to use CubeProgrammer to revert the RDP back to 0. It will trigger a mass erase and you can program in CubeIDE again.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.