cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords for RDP1 and RDP2

PChoq.780
Associate II

Hi there. Before attempting any password locking on my STM32575, I read the password lock location and it returned all zeroes like so

Reading 32-bit memory content

Size     : 4 Bytes

Address:   : 0x40022020

0x40022020 : 00000000

After setting the PW, it now returns non zero like so

Reading 32-bit memory content

Size     : 4 Bytes

Address:   : 0x40022020

0x40022020 : 000C0000

I've tried disabling the PW, writing to all zeroes and writing it to all FFs, but I can't get back to the point where all zeroes are returned. Can you advise how to get to that state?

thanks in advance

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PChoq.780
Associate II

Hello F Belaid

I did figure this issue out. I needed to reset both RDP1 and RDP2 passwords. Thanks for reaching out

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @PChoq.780​ 

Do you mean STM32U575? If yes, how do you read the password lock location?

Note that:

• OEM1KEY can always be modified when RDP = 0. It can be changed when RDP = 0.5 or 1 if OEM1LOCK = 0.
  • OEM2KEY can always be modified when RDP = 0 or 0.5. It can be changed when RDP = 1 if OEM2LOCK = 0.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

PChoq.780
Associate II

Hello F Belaid

I did figure this issue out. I needed to reset both RDP1 and RDP2 passwords. Thanks for reaching out

Thank you for your feedback.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.