cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have ported X-CUBE-SBSFU to my own board successfully and can update the firmware via the UART, but am now looking to update in app from a web server similar to how it is done is the X-CUBE_GCPv2.

Eugene G
Associate II

I actually have not tried it out yet, but looking at the code, I think the SBSFU in the X-Cube-GCP package is not the same as there are some things that are very different (like the slot names for example)

Need some advice from the ST reps here

Would it be easier to edit my current firmware to add in the web update capability or to Edit the sample X-CubeGCP project to "convert" it into my own project? Note the problem I usually have with sample projects is with changing the device family - so many ways to mess up here.

1 REPLY 1
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Eugene,

X-CUBE-GCP was based on an older version of SBSFU package. Version 2.2.0 apparently.

Appart from slot naming I don't think there were that many changes impacting the user side update.

So, this shouldn't be that complicate to reuse merge the code from GCP.

Anyway, I would advise using the GCP code as example and integrate it in your project.

You can also download the SBSFU version 2.2.0 an see the differences related to user application with the version you are using.

Best regards

Jocelyn