cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port stm32-cryptolib example application from NUCLEO-H743ZI to NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q.

Ikbal
Associate II

Hi,

I want to test RSA signing and verification on the STM32. I found STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V4.0.1 with some RSA signing and verification example for NUCLEO-H743ZI. I want to port this application for NUCLEO-H7A3ZI.

How can I port the application for NUCLEO-H743ZI ? Please share porting documents if available.

Thanks,

Ikbal

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Ikbal​ ,

I have just realized that there is a confusion. Thank you for the clarification @Community member​.

As I can see, on CubeMX Pinout compatible MCU, it needs HW changes as well.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The OP is asking about the software library, the H743 doesn't have HW Crypto either.

Suggest make a donor project for the H7A3, have that compile, output diagnostics, and then merge in the other code and components.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Ikbal​ ,

In crypto examples, there is no specific dependency of the crypto part with the chip

In the examples, you have 2 dependencies

1) chip dependency : you need to adapt the system clock configuration

2) board dependency: this is only for LED access.

You have 2 possible solutions: Either update the example and change the clock config and LED, or create a clean empty project based on your target, and copy paste only the crypto part.

In first case, you can copy the clock configuration from a H7A3 example for instance. For LED access you will need to include the bsp files of your target.

In second case, you can start from another example, an empty template or generate an initial project with CubeMX.

Then just copy paste the relevant crypto content from STM32H743 example to your STM32H7A3 project.

Then , you will need to add the crypto library in the linker setup. You can check how to do it in original example.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Ikbal
Associate II

Hello @Jocelyn RICARD​ ,

I have successfully completed the porting. I tested with RSA example and it is working fine.

Now I am porting the STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V4.0.1 on the SBSFU for RSA verification. Now I am facing deferent kind of problem.

I have posted the problem in another thread. Here is the link for the thread.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001udBXFSA2/how-to-add-stm32cryptographicv401-in-the-stm32cubeexpansionsbsfuv261-middleware

I need help in the above thread.

Thanks,

Ikbal