cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in SBSFU memory

Roshan
Associate III

Hi all,

I generated the SBSFU file. now i am getting another issue, I was thinking to program the .bin file using CubePrg (DFU method)

so I loaded the .bin file which created using sbsfu, then I set the start address as 0x080000000 or 0x0 and trying to execute, but it says that "Operation exceeds memory limits".

Anyone please could you help me with this?

File size and other information is given below,

Normally .bin file = 70KB

After creating SBSFU .bin file = 607KB

.sfb file is = 71KB

L476RG custom PCB

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Roshan,

The address should be 0x08000000, I think you have one more 0. Is this a typo ?

Yes on this chip, the SBSFU bin file is quite big because if contains the empty download slot before the active slot.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hi @Jocelyn RICARD​  Thank you for the response,

yes, it is typing mistake. it should be 08000000, There is a problem I am facing, I created a LED blink for another custom board based on L476JGYx it worked really good, once I applied the sbsfu parameters as the which mention in the MOOC part 6 video 4, it wont work, I created the .sfb file as well but the outputs are not working

I followed the following procedures;

• created the .bin file from normal procedure, then programmed the normal .bin file to the chip using CubePrg, and it was blinking nicely in the L476JGYx board.

• Then made the .sfb file using postbuild batch file process. the SBSFU.bin file programmed using Cubeprg and start address 0x08000000 but it didn't work.

Please can you help me to sort out this problem? Custom board connection is made using SPI where D+ and D2 to A11 and PA12. ( as I am new to SBSFU) I hope you have a clear idea about my problem if something is not clear. Please let me know

the problem is it working nicely without SBSFu and once the file created with SBSFU it won't work (Even I can't get the Ymodem protocol update feature as well from the press and hold the boot button).

Regards

Roshan