cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader Template

HFara.1
Associate II

Does anyone know if there is a bootloader template available for ATM32H7B3 that I can start off my project with? Preferably some template that allows secure and non secure creation of the bootloader. TIA.

7 REPLIES 7
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello HFara,

The X-CUBE-SBSFU package provides 3 secure bootloader examples for STM32H7B3.

Besides this, the STM32H7 Cube provides an IAP example (In application programming) which is a basic bootloader without any security. It is just managing the update.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\IAP\

You will need to port it on H7B3.

Best regards

Jocelyn

HFara.1
Associate II

Thank you Jocelyn,

The path you are referring to above does not exist in v2.5.0 that I downloaded. However, I found three projects under STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.5.0\Projects\STM32H7B3I-DK\Applications that seem like good candidates for the start of a BL project. Do you agree?

Best,

Habib

Hello Habib,

yes, I actually provided you 2 pointers: Secureboot with SBSFU and you pointed out the good directory in this package, and the IAP which is only a non secure bootloader that is in the cube and also on github as Pavel pointed out.

In SBSFU you have 3 projects for H7B3: 1 image, 2 images and external flash. 1 image means you use the whole remaining flash for your firmware and update is done by bootloader only. 2 images means you have active slot and download slot and installation consists in swapping content of slots.

You have the UM2262 that is a getting started with SBSFU. You also have video resources either here for learning platform or here on Youtube

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hi Jocelyn,

Great information! Thank you.

Best,

Habib

HFara.1
Associate II

One last question. If I use SBSFU 2Image external flash project and load it in the STM32H7BI-DK using ST_link/V3SET, would it disable my JTAG after first programming? If so, what is the best way for me to be able to debug my bootloader changes for the end target?

Best,

Habib

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Habib,

By default, all protections are activated in SBSFU package

You have a configuration file called app_sfu.h in STM32H7B3I-DK\Applications\2_Images_ExtFlash\2_Images_SBSFU\SBSFU\App\ that allowed you deactivating every protection or only part of them.

To begin with, I suggest deactivating everything by uncommenting flag SECBOOT_DISABLE_SECURITY_IPS

By doing so, you can debug everything.

Best regards

Jocelyn