cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wich eval board mcu stm32

Ponch
Associate II

Wich eval board mcu stm32 recommend me to learn and in the future can match with dsp.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can start using the STM32F746-DISCO or the STM32F429I-DISCO together with the AN4841 to understand the digital signal processing using STM32 microcontrollers.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Ponch and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to take a look at all STM32 that are using a cortex M4 or higher. Then, you can make a choice depending on your needs (performance, interfaces, ...). For example you can use the STM32F429IDISCOVERY for your training session.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

What, exactly, are you looking to learn?

• Do you already have experience with programming in general ?
  • Do you already have experience with programming other makes/models of microcontroller ?
  • Do you already have experience with "DSP" ?
  • What kind(s) of "DSP" application(s) do you have in mind ?

Pick the most expensive one..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I never working with mcu, I am new in this Topic, about the dsp I uses Analog devices with the software Sigma studio.

I know need a lot of Time to understand how to match both devices.

You can start using the STM32F746-DISCO or the STM32F429I-DISCO together with the AN4841 to understand the digital signal processing using STM32 microcontrollers.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

@Ponch wrote:

I never working with mcu

But do you have any experience with programming in general ?

If not, it may be easier to start with that on PC or similar - away from all the added complications & distractions of embedded microcontrollers.

@Ponch wrote:

about the dsp I uses Analog devices with the software Sigma studio.

You mean this:

https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/software/ss_sigst_02.html 

"Graphical development tool for programming, development, and tuning software for ADI DSP audio processors and A2B® transceivers"

That's a proprietary tool from Analog Devices (ADI) specifically for use with Analog Devices parts - so an ST dev board isn't going to be any use with that!

Thanks