cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which STM32? - New to ARM chips and looking to change from Atmel XMega to ARM.

NW27
Associate III

Hi,

I have an application that has one main controller that will talk to four (4) battery packs via CAN.

Ie 5 devices on the CAN network.

I would like ALL devices to also have USB connectivity for uploading of firmware and diagnostics.

Now for the crunch -

1. I want the battery pack STM32's to power down to a very low level ie uA's and will be awoken by an externally pulsed pin. This will give longer battery capacity whilst on standby.
  2. The four battery packs only have a few external pins available (one for the above awaken pulse signal) and two for comms use. Is it possible to join the CAN bus signals and the USB signals onto the same two wires??? Obviously only one can be enabled at a time. Basically, STM32 awakens and looks for activity on the USB side, if no activity after 500mS then it turns OFF the USB outputs and enables the CAN outputs.

Thanks,

Neil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Look at the ST MCU-Selector to find what devices have the hardware you need. For lowest power consumption, hav a look at STM32L4 devices first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Look at the ST MCU-Selector to find what devices have the hardware you need. For lowest power consumption, hav a look at STM32L4 devices first.