cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the information on communication parameters via ST-LINK USART <-> USART2 on the Nucleo board?

Tarru
Associate II

Hi, I have few of this Nucleo boards (-F103RB, -F072RB, -F401 etc.). I would like to use ST-LINK VCP to communicate with MCU over the USART2 but I cannot find any information about parameters of this communication (I mean baud rate, parity bits etc.).

I have already read all the PDFs in the Resources section on the NUCLEO-F103RB product page and have not found this information. Can you indicate where it is described?

Thanks,

Jakub

4 REPLIES 4

You get to pick the baud rate, just.pick the same one at both ends.

At the STM32 end you need to enable the clocks, the pins and the peripheral. Would suggest using 115200 8N1

Also on the NUCLEO-64 the VCP UART pins are shared with the Arduino D0 and D1 shield pins.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tarru
Associate II

I do not understand - yes, I can pick the baud rate at the STM32 end, but there is some baud rate already setup in this F103 which is acting as ST-LINK on Nucleo boards, yes?

On Nucleo boards F103 MCU create bridge between VCP (PC<->F103 communication) and USART (F103<->Main MCU communication), and now I'm talking about this USART communication. What are parameters of USART inside F103 (acting as ST-LINK). How could I pick the baud rate which is setup inside F103 (ST-LINK) firmware?

Thanks,

Jakub

When you open the COM port, or TTY, for your Terminal application pick the same baud rate there​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nikita91
Lead II

If you use CubeMX to generate your application, you set yourself these parameters in the UART setting in CubeMX.

If you write your own application bare metal, you set the UART parameter as you want.

If you have an unknown application already in the MCU flash, read the manual, or use an oscilloscope...