cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an example USB Host (external PHY) and HUB class support?

RhSilicon
Lead

Hi, I'm rethinking the board, to use USB external PHY, but I will need support for the HUB class, where can I find an example of use for STM32F4?

I found a presentation by Roman Ludin (September 2014) where the document says that the library does not support the HUB Class. Next year it will be 10 years since this presentation was made, has anyone managed to provide at least an example of an implementation of the HUB class with an external PHY?

STM32_HUB_USB.png

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

*The* Library still does not support it, but there are other libraries. Yes, in 10 years a lot of new things arrived, more interesting than the F4 and USB 2.0.  Where people do search these days? You know. Yandex left the scene but Google still rules, and there is chatgpt. Knowing Chinese really helps. Enjoy...

@Pavel A. wrote:

*The* Library still does not support it, but there are other libraries. Yes, in 10 years a lot of new things arrived, more interesting than the F4 and USB 2.0.  Where people do search these days? You know. Yandex left the scene but Google still rules, and there is chatgpt. Knowing Chinese really helps. Enjoy...

:|

Piranha
Chief II

TinyUSB has the HUB support.

@Piranha wrote:

TinyUSB has the HUB support.

Someone has already mentioned this library on other occasions, I don't know why they keep insisting on it.

TinyUSB supports STM32 in Device mode, but not in Host mode.

Thanks.

TinyUSB_STM32_USBH.png

Piranha
Chief II

Indeed it seems the host mode drivers are available for just a few series of MCUs. Well, if your goals are important, you can implement/port a driver for STM32 and upstream it. 😉 In the long term it could even be easier than fixing and implementing a workarounds for ST's USB stack.

I don't know why they keep insisting on it

Because, contrary to ST's USB stack, it is developed by people, who understand what they are doing, and it is not a broken bloatware.

RhSilicon
Lead

"broken bloatware"

What is bloatware and how can you remove it?

When you buy a new device, you expect it to come in a pristine state and work perfectly. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Devices can come with pre-installed bloatware that reduces performance and violates your privacy.

https://nordvpn.com/blog/what-is-bloatware/

(The worst part is that it makes a lot of sense)