cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the problem with this display, I am using the STM32F7508-DK With 800x480 Display but I am getting artifacts when using transition function in touchgfx

Caan
Associate II

I am using TST070CBOT-01P Along with STM32F7508-DK using RGB Interface , I have wired the jumpers with the display to the corresponding pins and everything works fine in static mode, But when transition begins then the Display shows artifacts as shown in video.

Interface- RGB 24 bits

MCU - 200 MHZ

TFT Clock- 30 MHZ

8 REPLIES 8
Caan
Associate II

@Peter BENSCH​  Waiting for support.

Caan
Associate II

I am posting 2 video of the same setup but with different LCD

First one is working great(I have increased the frames for slow motion on the first)

The first one is 4.3" MINDAS TFT 480x272

The second is 7" 800x480 TST070CBOT-01P TFT

Caan
Associate II

Waiting for some experts view.

With 16-bit wide memory it's probably a bandwidth issue.

Perhaps try with 16bpp, or animating frames without TouchGFX

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Please excuse me for the delay, I cannot figure out why the tiny stm32f429 can run the 7" LCD but the mighty F750 cannot correctly drive the TFT.

Ihave changed the the RGB to RGB565 (16-bit) but there is no change.

Not sure you're current presentation of workable details and code is going to advance this.

Tearing, basically bandwidth or contention. Not using active/inactive frame buffer may also result in you observing painting into the display.

New Thread

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002HwpC1SAJ/unable-to-get-7-inch-800x480-lcd-to-run-with-stm32f750dk

https://www.texim-europe.com/getfile.ashx?id=105364

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Code is exactly the same, I think there is something regarding the Cache memory that might be causing this issue.

So What do you suggest? What should be the changes that need to be carried out?