cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted To confirm The IDE for the development

Adithya_Jayaram
Associate III

Hi we're using STM32L412RB controller for our development wanted to know what are preferable IDE that can be used for the software development for the purchased controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hi again @Adithya_Jayaram 

I personally recommend the STM32CubeIDE wish is open-source and will meet perfectly your needs. If you are looking for other IDE, I suggest you use Keil and IAR for your project (both are under license).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Adithya_Jayaram and welcome to the ST Community.

I advise you to use the last versions of STM32CubeIDE (all-in-one multi-OS development free tool) and CubeMX

(a graphical tool that allows a very easy configuration of STM32 microcontrollers).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Any other IDE's? other than STM, please give me couple of options so I could check if i can get the license for the same(as it's a corporate project have to get the license for the same so need options ).

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hi again @Adithya_Jayaram 

I personally recommend the STM32CubeIDE wish is open-source and will meet perfectly your needs. If you are looking for other IDE, I suggest you use Keil and IAR for your project (both are under license).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Adithya_Jayaram
Associate III

Hi , we're suggested to use eclipse, just wanted to know is it compatible with STM32L412RBT6P.

Southbranch
Senior II

Good questiion,

I am using CubeIDE but I plan to test out Viusal Studio Code with the add-in for STM32. Has anyone tested this, pros and cons? What about pin-configuration possibilites?