cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using spi to read SD card in STM32L452RE without file handling methode. Becuse i am fresher i dont no how to but i tried my level best but not gettin please help me i tride useing SD commands

sram.1
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @sram.1​ and welcome to ST Community!

Here is a post that might help you.

If it doesn't help, you may need to elaborate your question, so that we can help you.

Thanks!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The SPI based implementation is generally demonstrated in the AdaFruit Shield BSP code.

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Drivers\BSP\Adafruit_Shield\stm32_adafruit_sd.c

The cards work at a block device level.

The FATFS DISKIO layer then sits on top of the SPI, SDIO or SDMMC layer.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sram.1
Associate II

tq for kind information that was already done that was using file handling methode but know i do with out file handling methode to read the SD card i collect some information that was possible to do using SD commands but i don't know properly

tq for your reaply but i am not geting what are you telling but i collect some information about that we can do in stm32 through SPI we can read the SD card by using SD commands previously i done using file handling system but i do with out file handling system

CKugl.1
Senior II

I have an SD/SPI block device driver for STM32L412KB at sd_driver. It has some dependencies on FreeRTOS. You might be able to adapt that.