cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique fw for 2 ST MCU

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi... we are deciding if has a sense to develop a electronic board able to host to different mcus (STF4 and STH5) and giving an external hw trigger the unique fw should be able to run the part relevant to F4 series or H5 series.

The question is how much they have in common as memory map, peripherals , clock.. drivers Does it make sense to try to make an unique stm project or it is better to make 2 distint projects sharing for example the logic and the libraries ?

I am open to your consideration..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Very dissimilar.

Code early in ResetHandler assembler could determine if a CM4 vs CM33, remap SCB->VTOR to a different section of FLASH.

One could probably bind an image to achieve this, but you'd have two code forks, and no common code unless you're going to spend a lot of time/effort on the exercise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Very dissimilar.

Code early in ResetHandler assembler could determine if a CM4 vs CM33, remap SCB->VTOR to a different section of FLASH.

One could probably bind an image to achieve this, but you'd have two code forks, and no common code unless you're going to spend a lot of time/effort on the exercise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks @Community member​ .. as I was wxpectin it is better to have 2 distint projects with 2 different fw and try to share the business logic tryoing to abstract the hw part that are different