Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uart communication in stm32

manoj23
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2013 at 12:50

Hi,

I am getting problem while using uart of controller with my wireless module. Actually what is happening is my wireless module receiving data very fast and consumption of that data from controller side is slower than wireless module. So how can i manage this to synchronize receiving and transmitting part? Since controller consumption of data is slower than wireless module so i am missing some data and because of that i am not able perform further task. Suggest me the solution on this.

#flow-control
11 REPLIES 11
crt2
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 13:23

This last statement indicates that you are running in debugger mode. Debugger ''interrupts'' your processor to get stuff from it and you can imagine what that means for a faster stream of data. Now a solution I'd always take in multiple interrupt time sensitive systems is to print stuff out (another USART) or make a breakpoint once buffer reaches a certain point to read what is in it. The last might be useful in your case. Then I would check which data is missing - maybe there is some pattern in it and if you're reading data from wifi module in udp mode... well then you've hit another shit. This gets me to my next question: what data is wifi module shipping, where does it get that data?

Still you didn't say which wifi module are you using so all the help you're getting is just ideas what might be wrong...
manoj23
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2013 at 09:28

Hi crt,

You are right crt, but here i am debugging using live watch without putting breakpoint, so my code is running as it is and at the same time i can view contents of variables also. So i dont need to send it to UART.

And my wifi module is configured for TCP/IP mode. My wifi module is shipping some sort of data like ecg data from server.

And wifi module which i am using is Hi-Link technologies wifi module. Its name is like HLK-WIFI-M03 wifi module.