cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The MCU cannot be restarted after the NRST pin is pulled low

Tayloor
Associate II

Hi guys,

I am using the stm32f103rct6 microcontroller, and there is a hardware watchdog in the peripheral circuit to monitor the operation of the program, but after my program runs away, the watchdog will pull down the nrst pin flat, and sometimes the mcu cannot be started after reset. I would like to ask if anyone has encountered a similar situation and how to solve it.

THANKS!!!

13 REPLIES 13

English only, please.

P: There seems to be no problem, but I suggest you try to disassemble the TPL5010 R146 R151, leaving only R101 and C126, and first rule out the problem caused by the NRST pin hardware. If it still doesn't work after you dismantle it, it's probably because your software may not be written correctly.

T: Uh-huh, okay, thank you. There is a high probability that it is a software problem, but it is a bit strange that the software problem cannot be reset by hardware. I have never found the reason. This problem can only be solved by powering off and on again.

P: This feels like a problem with the reset circuit. I suggest you give it a try. After all, soft reset only requires one statement. Unless there is a hardware problem, it will be reset successfully.

I'd agree remove the additional circuitry, and one of the two pull-ups.

Trying to isolate what's causing the issue, and if code is actually executing, or not.

Instrument while(1) loops like HardFault_Handler() and Error_Handler(), perhaps also toggle or set GPIO/LEDs. Consider setting GPIO up early in Reset_Handler() to check-point if it's getting there.

Any external connectivity to other circuits, voltages, relays, etc? Anything that might cause a latch-up condition?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much,I'll try this plan.

OK,I'll remember it.