cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5 SAI interface to 6 PDM microphones

Gerva
Associate II

Hi,

I am considering STM32U5 to interface up to 6 PDM microphones. I see that  with some STM32U5 version 2 SAIs interface are available. How many PDM microphone can I interface in this case? I found some specific documentation related to G4 (up to 6 microphones) and H7 series (up to 8 microphones) and I would like to be sure about U5.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Gerva 

According to the RM0456, "Up to 4 digital microphone pairs can be connected in parallel. Depending on product implementation, less microphones can be supported." For more details, refer to the 69.4.10 of the reference manual.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Gerva 

According to the RM0456, "Up to 4 digital microphone pairs can be connected in parallel. Depending on product implementation, less microphones can be supported." For more details, refer to the 69.4.10 of the reference manual.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

poorElecStudent
Associate

Hi @STTwo-32,

I am working on a 6 pdm mic with stm32h7, is there any sample code for it? Also when configuring the code, I found the real audio frequency is way lower than the expected value (It is somehow capped and turns grey on the IDE).

Thanks