cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750 LTDC Issues on Intermittent display abnormalities

martin_xu
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issues with STM32H750 custom Board.

Configuration:

1. FMC connect 32MB SDRAM

2. 32MB QSPI (Code run at QSPI)

3. 1024x600 16bit TFT-LCD(Framebuffer locate at SDRAM 0xC0000000-0xC012C000)

4. CubeMX 6.9.0
        5. LVGL 9.0

For The TFT-LCD Display issues please refer to the link:  

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1TK421t7HW/?buvid=YA485EAFDF56A31C481C86916B8359C50235&is_story_h5=false&mid=Zza1nTX4w1vuc1wMnfWTXQ%3D%3D&p=1&plat_id=168&share_from=ugc&share_medium=iphone&share_plat=ios&share_session_id=A10F6F9B-EC8B-4F33-AF59-68892CE424BD&share_source=COPY&share_tag=s_i&spmid=mai...

Similar ltdc signal been interrupted.

I also have done following test :

Try to disable _DMA2D_Copy by set the global variable “disable_flush” to 1 in the route disp_flush in the lvgl disp port  file lv_port_disp_template.c  in order to stop any update on ltdc framebuffer.  

ltdc_issues.png

But I still see the issues.

What could be the reason for this?

Has anyone faced a similar issue or have ideas on how we can resolve these problems?
        Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
       Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @martin_xu ,

Which TFT-LCD reference and LTDC clock are you using?

Please try to reduce the LTDC clock.

I recommend you to take a look at this discussion, I think might be facing the same issue.

Also I advise you to check the AN4861.

I hope this help you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Kaouthar,

Thank you very much for your quickly replay.

For TFT-LCD detail information please check attached TFT_LCD_JLL01ZJGI55-10254Y.pdf. 

Current the LTDC clock is 55Mhz.

Reduce the clock to 40 and 30Mhz, it is not effect and still see display flicker.

I can see LTDC_IER_FUIE Error , After enable the LTDC_ER_IRQHandler while LCD flicker.

It seem that it is a LTDC bandwidth issues, are there other solution?

By the way, there are  a very strange phenomenon.

if I remove a array define "static char dump_buffer[400]={11,12}; "(occupy 400 bytes),

it is working fine. 

Based on this test case, I cannot understand the bandwidth issues. 

Also, My gui application update lvgl ui object values every 1 second,

the lvgl draw buffer is locate at ExtSDRAM , it will lead to access to ExtSDRAM.

Just a other problem, is it possible that set the AHB bus Master Priority(LTDC/Cortex-M7)?

if so, set the highest Priority for LTDC because another master access request can been delay.

Thanks in advance!

Martin.xu

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @martin_xu ,

I recommend you to check the AN4861 and precisely section 4.2.2 Checking display compatibility considering the memory bandwidth requirements. This section explains how to check a display compatibility considering the framebuffer memory bandwidth. Also can help you to determinate pixel clock and LTDC required bandwidth.

About the priority, setting a higher priority for an ASIB ensures a lower latency for transactions initiated by the associated bus master. This can be useful for real-time-constrained tasks, such as graphics processing (LTDC, DMA2D). Assigning a high priority to masters that can make many and frequent accesses to the same slave (such as the Cortex-M7 CPU) can block access to that slave by other lower-priority masters.

For more information about the priority, I advise you to take a look at RM0433 precisely section 2.2.3 AXI interconnect functional description.

I hope this answer your request!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Kaouthar,

Let me show our hardware config information:

MCU M7 Clk: 480Mhz

QSPI: 32MB  run at 4-wire mode(App Fw Code is running at QSPI)

TFT-LCD: 1024X600  16bit ,LCD_CLK: 55MHZ , LTDC layer = 1       

SDRAM: 32-bit  32MB 

System clock HCLK = 240 MHz, SDRAM runs at 80 MHz  (Also test 120MHZ but have no effect)    

I have double checked the AN4861 and precisely section 4.2.2 Checking display compatibility considering the memory bandwidth requirements. 

20240315164949.png         Current the LCD Clk is 55Mhz, So, I think it is ok for  the memory bandwidth requirements.

Maybe  some unknown reasons have increased the sdram access load,

Can you take a look my test result?

Although this is a very puzzling phenomenon,But  I have double checked those testing results.

it will no filcker, if I just modify the code  about the variable array  printf_str  define way 

xxx_function()

{

static char printf_str[ABNORMAL_STOP_HYDRATE+1][40]          //  The LCD Filcker  

}

xxx_function()

{

char printf_str[ABNORMAL_STOP_HYDRATE+1][40]          //  Just remove "static", The LCD no Filcker (workfine) 

}

For your reference The attched is the two file.      

Thanks in advance!

Martin.xu

Hello Kaouthar,

Regarding this issue, Do you have any other suggestions ? 

Thanks in advance!

Martin.xu