cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745/755 and STM32H747/757 Bit Banding

Iraj
Associate

I'm writing software on dual core CPU, 

On M4 core, I need to know is it support bit banding? I searched all documents from ST, but I didn't find clear answer, 

I found on M4 CPU, like STM32F series bit banding has supported, and on M7 single core CPU like STM32H743 doesn't support, but on dual core CPU, like STM32H745 is it support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As I recollect bit-banding was regarded as a bit of a nightmare, and didn't really resolve any issues, and caused more.

Bit-Banding is not used by either core

Confirm by looking at the memory map, for any secondary decode regions, and grepping source for "_BB_" references.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

As I recollect bit-banding was regarded as a bit of a nightmare, and didn't really resolve any issues, and caused more.

Bit-Banding is not used by either core

Confirm by looking at the memory map, for any secondary decode regions, and grepping source for "_BB_" references.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Bit banding was included in STM32 with Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4, but no longer in STM32 based on Cortex-M7.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.