cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(STM32H743Zit6 Dev. Board) Generate Bin file from zero address?? Need to generate bin file at start address 0x08000000

Muneeswaran Manokaran
Associate II

Hi,

I am using STM32H743Zit6 Dev. Board. while hex file file generation , program code is in 0x08000000 and upload it works fine.

when i want to generate bin file, so i use the following steps. Bin file generate is successful but program code is from zero address location.. Can anybody give suggestion to solve the problem...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

BIN files do not have an address associated with their data, unlike ELF/HEX files. They only have the data.

To upload a BIN file, you specify the offset during programming. The ST-Link Utility is smart enough to set the flash address as the default.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

BIN files do not have an address associated with their data, unlike ELF/HEX files. They only have the data.

To upload a BIN file, you specify the offset during programming. The ST-Link Utility is smart enough to set the flash address as the default.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Dear TDK,

Thanks to you. Now it works fine.