Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H725 and ST-LINK Utility - Can not connect

Albeno
Associate

Hello,

I'm using a STM32H725 microcontroller.
I'm able to connect and flash the microcontroller with STM32CubeIde and with STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe, using ST-LINK dongle.
When I try to connect the microcontroller with ST-LINK Utility on windows, it always says "Can not connect to the target!" and "Unexpected Error". I tried all possible setting combinations but still i'm not able to connect.

It looks quite strange to me as I'm using the same hardware, but I'm not finding any solutions.

I specify that I'm perfectly able to connect other microcontrollers (F015, F427) with ST-LINK Utility using the same ST-LINK dongle.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Albeno ,

Use latest release of STM32CubeProgrammer, instead of ST-LINK Utility 

Please follow this article: Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices - STMicroelectronics Community, this may helps you!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Albeno ,

Use latest release of STM32CubeProgrammer, instead of ST-LINK Utility 

Please follow this article: Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices - STMicroelectronics Community, this may helps you!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Albeno
Associate

Hello @Imen.D 

Thank you for the quick answer.
I switched to STM32CubeProgrammer, and now I'm perfectly able to connect the microcontroller!
It seems like ST-LINK Utility is not able to work with the new version ( V2J43S7) of ST-Link FW.

Thank you very much!