cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G030K6 usart bootloader

KlemenDS
Visitor

Hi,

I have a custom board with STM32G030K6 and I wish to use the buildin usart bootlaoder. I have checked the AN3155 and AN2606, but I still cant figure out how to enter into the bootloader. 

I found that for my MCU, I need Pattern 11 to activate bootloader, which means:

KlemenDS_0-1724915993477.png

But after searching whole datasheet of the mcu, only boot bit setting I found was PA14-BOOT0 and there is no other boot bits to set up in cubemx.

I have a feeling that there is some info or application note that I am missing. Any help would be really aprpeciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @KlemenDS and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

You can find details about boot pin and boot bits on the part 2.5 of the RM0454:

STTwo32_0-1724916558912.png

Those boot pins can be configured throw CubeProgrammer (under option bytes->User Configuration):

STTwo32_1-1724916889501.png

Best Regards

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @KlemenDS and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

You can find details about boot pin and boot bits on the part 2.5 of the RM0454:

STTwo32_0-1724916558912.png

Those boot pins can be configured throw CubeProgrammer (under option bytes->User Configuration):

STTwo32_1-1724916889501.png

Best Regards

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KlemenDS
Visitor

Thank you very much for accurate and fast answer.

KlemenDS
Visitor

Hi @STTwo-32  ,

I have one more issue. I configured boot pins to enter bootloader at startup of system, but now how do I check if the chip is actually in bootlaoder mode?

I know that the main application code on flash memory is not loaded at start up (mcu not responding to uart comamdns as it does in application code), but when I try to use commands from AN3155:

KlemenDS_0-1724929230435.png

I get no response on uart (trying "Get version" and "Get ID" commands). The system is connected by STM32G03 connected to FT234XD-T(chip on PCB) and then via USB to PC. The UART communication work without problem in applciation code mode, at 115200 baud.

This is a new issue. Could you please open a new post for that. So our Community members may help you.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32