cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 Disco with HM-10

BBrus.1
Associate

Hello! I just got the STM32F429 Disco board and I'm trying to connect it to the HM-10 bluetooth module.

I'm completely out of my depth here, I was hoping someone could nudge me in the right direction.

I've worked with the HC-05 and the HM-10 on the arduino uno, using the SoftwareSerial and the AltSoftSerial libraries. The same libraries haven't worked at all on the stm32 board.

Using VSCode, with platformio and mbed.

Please help!

Thank you! Bob

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

If it uses standard UART serial to communicate, you should be able to communicate with HAL_UART_Transmit/Receive. You can find examples in the CubeF4 repository. Here is one of them:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/blob/2f3b26f16559f7af495727a98253067a31182cfc/Projects/STM32F429I-Discovery/Examples/UART/UART_TwoBoards_ComPolling/Src/main.c

Receiving on UART is a little trickier due to how ST has implemented it. You can use HAL_UART_Receive_IT to receive on character at a time. But it's clumsy. There are other better but more advanced ways such as receiving into a circular DMA buffer that you poll for new data occasionally.

Not many (any?) regular users here who use Arduino IDE on the STM32, so if you want to go that route you may have better luck on another forum.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".