cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411CEU under 64-bit Linux - USART ports -

timbo2023
Associate III

Are there experiences regarding the record of a signal in look to the 64-bit platform linux?

Do I need a 32 bit-emulator or something like this?

7 REPLIES 7
timbo2023
Associate III

I work with wireshark to record data signals under a 64 bit linux.

But I do not see my USART signals in a right way.

Do I need qemu?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Wireshark to record data signals from USART? Sounds cool. Do you see any signs of progress?

timbo2023
Associate III

No, Mr. PAVEL.

We just have efforts to get a common idea for our 64-bit Linux and USB...

The device layer is basically the right for our private application, but the software layer from USB is cruel...

TDK
Guru

On Windows, Wireshark can be used (with USBPcap) to capture all USB signals, including those from USB CDC devices. There is likely something analogous on the linux platform. A quick search suggests libpcap has this functionality.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Cruel! that's a perfect definition for the ST USB software libraries ))

Well maybe you'd be interested in some other chips such as iMX8/9 which are 64-bit and run Linux and also have a Cortex-M4 core?  ST has STM32MP1 line with 32-bit Linux on Cortex-A core and a CM4 core.

timbo2023
Associate III

I see it in a similar way, in spite of it I am a very happy stm user and customer ...

My small software experience shows that the kind of understanding with USB interfaces (software-libraries) is not understod at all.

In look to the constructed device it is absolutely a state of development for us. In a rough surrounding there could be also discussion topics regarding it, but in common...

timbo2023
Associate III

In addition:

It is fixed in our private development plan to work with stm32 solutions ...