cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407ZGT7 I would like to inquire about the ST MCU assembly place Philippines questions.

StacyT
Associate II

Please can you check the attached photo, Taiwan parts with different gate mark with Philippines, and at the bottom of the gate mark, Taiwan part with 03, can you please advise what it stands for?

The Philippines gate mark changed the direction and without digit number 03, will it affect the electrical characteristics?0693W00000aJO99QAG.jpg0693W00000aJO8zQAG.png

9 REPLIES 9

Different plants had different equipment, and may be subcontractors.

The die used in these devices come from the same fab.

Production dates from 2021 and 2022

The 03 likely comes from a line number or tester

@Peter BENSCH​ @Billy OWEN​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
StacyT
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to confirm the Philippines assembly. Why the gate mark direction is different, is it true from PHL? Can I have ST's technical support's help? @Peter BENSCH​ @Billy OWEN​ 

We should check the labels of the packaging where you can find a BulkID. Please send me a legible photo of it by PM - not here in the public community, so that the BulkID cannot be misused.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I'm sure they'll respond in time, better perhaps you work directly with your own engineering/sales contacts.

Like I said different plants have different molding equipment and processes. You might be able to find the PCN if you look in the right places or contact the right people.

The molding marks, and the pin 1 designation bump have been a point of issue for several years and across multiple pin count configurations, resulting in orientation problems.

Both the parts shown look to be consistent with authentic ST devices. Details from the reel or packaging materials provide more traceability information, although this is best not done on the open forum.

StacyT
Associate II

Peter, may I have your email address, I will send you detailed info.

Use the forum Private Messaging methods, go to his Profile to send a message

Thanks Tesla, how to find the PCN? So the pin orientation different exists. How can I find the related documents from ST?

thanks so much

You can often find them on Mouser/DigiKey, but generally you'd have a relationship with your local sales office, or rep,or FAE (support engineer) so you can get email alerts or updates.

No, mainly that people misinterpret the molding marks/extraction points as the pin 1 designation, or the vision systems on the part placement machine needs to be properly trained to recognize what it's looking at. There have been threads on the forum, with pictures, you'll have to search for the relevant posts.