cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f407vgt6 problem with UART

syifnrl
Associate II

I have stm32f407vgt6 from devebox. At first, I wanted to do led blink and it worked fine when I supplied it with external power via 5V pins. Then, when I tried to use UART pin (PA_9, PA_10) to print something to USB to TTL module, it did nothing. UART pins only work when I connected micro USB on stm32f407vgt6. Does anyone know how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTP1
Lead

Hello. How do you feed the power when using UART without usb connection ? Is your ground missing from mcu to ttl/usb converter ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JTP1
Lead

Hello. How do you feed the power when using UART without usb connection ? Is your ground missing from mcu to ttl/usb converter ?

I supply my stm through 5v pin and gnd pin from my 12v lipo battery, equipped with step down converter. Then, I only connect PA9 and PA10 to my USB to TTL module (I use CP2102 USB to TTL module from waveshare).

Ok. Note that you also need gnd to usb/ttl module 👍 sounds that its missing if communication works after you connect another usb cable from pc to micro usb which connects pc gnd to mcu gnd.

Thank you! your advice is such a big help for my last year final project