cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 no erase system memory 0x1FFF 0000 - 0x1FFF 77FF, How can i erase and than write it?

OBAYR
Associate II

Hi,

I have a STM32F407 Discovery kit, I'm working on costum bootloader program. I writed my codes, make the necessary changes in the Flash.id file with CubeIDE.

I want to write bootloader section (0x1FFF 0000 address system memory) with STM32 ST-Link Utiliy but it is error. How can i write system memory my codes? Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't get to update this memory, it is factory programmed.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You don't get to update this memory, it is factory programmed.

OBAYR
Associate II

So, how and where can I install my own bootloader software

You'd put it in the first sector(s) of FLASH starting at 0x08000000, and you'd put the app code deeper into FLASH say at 0x08004000, or 0x08010000 depending on how compact your loader was. Your loader would then validate and transfer control to the app code.

OBAYR
Associate II

Ok, i will try it.

Well what is the system memory? As I read from all the documents, it is used for the boot process.

It is the factory bootloader, providing functionality as described in AN2606 and AN3155

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/b9/9b/16/3a/12/1e/40/0c/CD00167594.pdf/files/CD00167594.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00167594.pdf

OBAYR
Associate II

Oh, OK. thank you very much. 😉