cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f4 dac software trigger

stzotter9
Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2014 at 12:20

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
13 REPLIES 13
Posted on October 10, 2014 at 16:26

Attempting to interrupt at 200 KHz seems to be a pretty poor choice here.

Consider if you can DMA the output from the ADC to the DAC directly.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2014 at 17:47

Consider if you can DMA the output from the ADC to the DAC directly.

That becomes difficult if one wants to insert a signal processing stage between source and sink. Real DSP's would be better suited for this purpose.

stzotter9
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2014 at 10:13

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6ov&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bwB%2FsnPugUR1d5j2v98WTwb6FXF4MnSK6Mldi2NG92EmOKw&asPdf=false
Posted on October 16, 2014 at 21:50

That becomes difficult if one wants to insert a signal processing stage between source and sink.

Indeed, but it would significantly reduce the latency, and variability in that latency. It was thrown for the rhetorical entertainment.

The code this was culled from, and other examples, did actually accumulate more data, in a ping/pong fashion, and pipe data to the DAC(s) in a lock/step fashion against a hard timebase.

Of course if you're jugging a single sample at 200 KHz, in an interrupt, with non-determinable processing speed, yeah you'll get a bunch of uncontrollable jitter.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..