cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F3 - Permissible Magnetic Field Strength

MagSense
Associate II

I am currently using the STM32F3 series microcontroller (STM32F303CB) in a magnetic sensing application. Since the environment is prone to magnetic field, I wish to know the maximum field strength that the microcontroller can withstand.

I could not find any information regarding this in the datasheet or the application notes. I found tests regarding EMC, EMS and EMI but no particular specification related to the Magnetic Field Immunity.

Is it a fact that ST does not offer any such immunity? If so, any insights based on experience with the F3 series µC will be of great help!

Thanks!!

Best Regards,

MagSense.

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know of any general-purpose microcontroller which has any specification for working under intense magnetic fields.

As this is a primarily user-driven forum with casual ST presence, it's unlikely you'll hear any definitive answer here, and I recommend to talk directly to ST, maybe through a FAE.

I've found a related thread, though https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000OoSr0SAF/stm32-working-with-impulsive-magnetic-field-condition-something-to-take-care

JW

Hi JW,

Thanks for the response. I have contacted a FAE regarding the same.

Regards,

MagSense.