Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f217 now unresponsive...

martingingras9
Associate II
Posted on September 22, 2014 at 17:44

Hi,

I was working with Keil+ulinkpro on a custom board using an stm32f217 and everything was fine.  I start working on some automated script for inital setup for our product using openocd.  Somehow, it rendered the chip unresponsive.  I am now unable to write/read with openocd and with keil/ulinkpro.  I can see the SW device in the keil debugging tab.... I was wondering if there is a way to reset the MCU to it's initial state?

Regards,

Mart
12 REPLIES 12
martingingras9
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 21:44

>Have any of the JTAG/SWD pins been used for anything (IO or other alternate function)?

No.

>Has the BOOT0 pin been used for anything ?

No.

Posted on September 24, 2014 at 22:06

I'm not sure the ULink can nuke the options, you might try adding the ''STM32F4xx Flash Options'' region into the Settings->Flash Download->Programming Algorithm settings, and then mass-erase from there.

A stand-alone ST-LINK would offer all options provided by it's Utilities.

If you have access to USART1/3 you could use the System Loader to wipe the read-out protection also.

Haven't reviewed the HAL Flash code, the regular peripheral library wouldn't have set read-out protection with code similar to that presented.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
martingingras9
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 22:31

thanx for the Keil trick to mass erase.  I can no wmake more testing and try to pinpoint the root cause of this mess.

thanx!