Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 Usart 9-bit

rodrigo
Associate II
Posted on October 17, 2014 at 01:02

Hi guys, 

Sorry for my bad English. I would set up with 9-bit UART. So I want the UART interrupt only when I get a character with 9 bits. If I get the 8-bit character, I do not want to be interrupted. Is it possible? 

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
rodrigo
Associate II
Posted on October 17, 2014 at 16:43

gonzalez.laurent 

Thanks for your reply. But the address mark in STM not working for me because my network is not limited the 16 devices and all the information are encypted in AES256. All the slave must be receive address, validate and start conversation with master the only one who validate address.

Unfortunately I have to work around this situation, because in the project, when the master start conversation with a slave, the others slave will not receive anything.

The Microchip PIC, I set the ADDEN in the control register of the UART and the interrupt handler will occur only ninth bit is received. It's work fine. I already tested. Thus, I send the address in 9-bit mode, the slave (addressed) switch the uart to 8-bit mode and the master comunicate only the slave addressed, without others slave recognize.

Thanks for help guys.

Posted on October 17, 2014 at 17:31

9-bit USART + RXNE Interrupt + State Machine

This is a five minute exercise which can handle incoming data and handle all framing and reception issues, and have minimal interrupt loading even when it's ignoring someone elses traffic.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..