cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F1/F4的中断的频率最大是多少? What is the maximum interrupt frequency of STM32F1/F4?

charles2532
Associate II

我在高级定时器溢出中断�?�GPIO电平翻转的动作,然�?�去观察GPIO的波形,但是当定时器的溢出频率过高时,我�?�现示波器没波形了,这是�?�跟定时器中断的最大频率有关?

I did the action of GPIO level flip during the advanced timer overflow interrupt and then observed the waveform of GPIO. However, when the overflow frequency of timer was too high, I found that the oscilloscope had no waveform. Is this related to the maximum frequency of timer interrupt?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Realistically a few hundred KHz

The cycles consumed by the interrupt handler will ultimately limit at the saturation point.

The F1 has slow Flash, with little in the way of speeding or caching it, use of RAM will improve things.

The TIM registers could be loaded via DMA, as can GPIO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

There is no set maximum. It depends on what your interrupt code does and how quickly the processor can get through it. If you have an extremely simple IRQ, you could execute it and still make progress in the main loop if you have 50 ticks per interrupt or so. The max frequency here would be system clock frequency divided by 50.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Realistically a few hundred KHz

The cycles consumed by the interrupt handler will ultimately limit at the saturation point.

The F1 has slow Flash, with little in the way of speeding or caching it, use of RAM will improve things.

The TIM registers could be loaded via DMA, as can GPIO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much for your answer,I have understood.

think you,I want to make a (10MHZ or 20Mhz,50MHZ) clock by TIM interrupt and GPIO.It doesn't seem right by this way. and What do you suggest

think!

I want to make a (10MHZ or 20Mhz,50MHZ) clock by TIM interrupt and GPIO.It doesn't seem right by this way. and What do you suggest

think!